Small consumer gas pressure washers are particularly great for two reasons:
- Have more cleaning power than electric units
- Can be used away from an electric source
With PSI ranges from 2200-2700, you can clean a wider variety of things as well as clean them faster.
What It Can Do
As far as cleaning projects you can undertake, a small gas pressure washer can handle most tasks, short of stripping paint. Some stains may be too resilient for cold water alone - you might need a detergent or hot water for the most serious stains.
A word of caution - when cleaning things like siding or a boat, make sure to start a good distance away and get in closer as needed. The pressure can be strong enough to damage these things.
A nice feature that accompanies small gas pressure washers is a cavalcade of spray tips - allowing you to tailor your spray to your cleaning task. If you're rinsing detergent from your siding, go with a wider spray. But if you're blasting mold and mildew from your walkway, choose a concentrated jet spray.
In a 5-pack, the tips are:
- 0° - red, concentrated pencil jet
- 15° - yellow, high performance
- 25° - green, multi-purpose
- 40° - white, sensitive surfaces
- 65° - black, low pressure detergent application