Pressure Washing Cars
How to Convert Your Driveway Into a Car Wash
Washing the car at home is a time-honored tradition for many Americans. So why do car owners still opt for the car wash? Sure a car wash is convenient, but with the right set-up, your driveway can be more convenient while saving you significant money over time. A typical garden hose and a bucket of water makes the job time-intensive and tedious, but there is a better way. You probably already have everything else you need, including towels, wax and a vacuum cleaner, so why not add a pressure washer to really do the job right? The most basic model has 37 times the water pressure of a garden hose, which comes in handy when trying to remove tough dirt and salt stains on a vehicle. Tips On How to Pressure Wash a Car or Truck Here are some tips for pressure washing your vehicle at home:
- Rinse your car or truck thoroughly. Even if you've washed your vehicle recently, there will be some dust and dirt that can be removed with a water spray.
- Don't forget the bottom. Just because it can't be easily seen, doesn't mean it can't get dirty. Use the angled extension wand to clean your vehicle's underbelly and wheel wells.
- Apply a detergent using the pressure washer's chemical injection system. Make sure to use a pressure washer-approved detergent so as not to damage your vehicle, pressure washer or lawn.
- Use smooth, overlapping strokes, starting from the bottom and working your way up. Wait 5-10 minutes, giving the solution time to work.
- Use a rotating brush to help loosen stubborn dirt and grime. Why use elbow grease when you have a powerful scrubbing brush with multi-rotating bristles to do the work for you?
- Rinse under high pressure. Start at the top and work down to ensure the entire area is soap free.
- Pay close attention to both the spray angle and distance while using a pressure washer. Spraying too closely could damage an area of your car rather than clean it, so hold the wand a couple of feet from the surface and gradually move closer if additional cleaning power is needed.